Are you considering a humidifier or a dehumidifier for your Dallas home? There are many reasons to install these units and we are always happy to answer your questions and help you get the unit that’s right for you. Our experts can help you explore all of your possibilities and give you the information you need to choose the option that works best for you and your family.
If you wake up with dry skin or a scratchy throat and you’re not sure why, chances are your home is too dry for you. This can happen even in Dallas, especially in the colder months. Different people have different humidity needs, and some find that they can only stay comfortable all year round if they have a whole-home humidifier they can turn on for part of the year.
Not sure if a humidifier is right for you? In addition to helping with dryness, humidifiers can aid in the following ways:
- Reduce your energy or allergy symptoms. If you feel like you got a cold and you can’t get better or you have allergies year round, a humidifier might help you feel better. Adding moisture to the air you breathe is often good for your sinuses, nasal passages, throat, and more.
- Improve your energy efficiency. When the air is more humid, it can be easier for your home to maintain its internal temperature. You may not have to run your heater or air conditioner as much to achieve the same levels of comfort, so you will save energy and do well by the planet.
- Lower your energy costs. When you’re using less energy, you pay for less energy. A humidifier can help you lower your energy costs so you have more money to spend on the things you love.
We can also help you with all of your humidifier repair and maintenance needs. We’ll help you replace filters, troubleshoot issues, and more. There’s no humidifier problem too big or too small for us to take on and handle for you.
Dallas can get hot and humid, especially in the summer. While it’s more comfortable than some places, there’s a lot more moisture in the air here than in some other locales. If the humidity is getting to you or you’re experiencing one of the problems listed below, a dehumidifier might be just what you need. Reasons to install a dehumidifier include:
- Mold or mildew growth in your home. If you notice mold or mildew growing in your home, or if you smell them, and you know your plumbing is working well, then you may need a dehumidifier. Mold and mildew grow where there’s moisture, so removing that can help hinder their growth.
- Damaged wood furniture or floors. You may not notice extra moisture in your house but anything wood will. It absorbs the moisture and begins to crack, warp, and more. If you notice this type of damage, a dehumidifier could help you keep your nice things nice for a long time.
- Condensation in your home. Do you notice condensation on your windows and you’re not sure how it got there? A dehumidifier will remove the extra moisture in the air that causes this. Not only will it clear up your windows, but it will also clear up condensation that you can’t see in places like your walls and floors, where it can cause even more damage.
We can help you install, repair, and maintain your dehumidifier. Call us for your appointment today and remove all of the dangerous extra humidity from your home. We would love to help you live healthier today!